WORKING WITH A DOULA
Hello! Thank you for filling out a request for doula support! We look forward to working with you.
1) Please carefully review the information below and 2) After reading, complete the form below to confirm your interest. We are unable to proceed with placement without your response and additional information.
1) Clients will make every effort to attend classes at Everyday Miracles: Due to Medicaid billing structure and guidelines, our program is set up with the understanding that clients will have six contacts with a doula. Some of these will be one-on-one with your individual doula. However, these doula visits are supplemented by our group classes, led by one of our certified doulas. We ask that you attend these classes, even if you have attended childbirth education elsewhere. The classes are not a requirement for our clients. However, due to the high degree of commitment that being on call 24/7 requires, our certified doulas take a limited number of clients per month. Attendance is one of the factors that we use when making doula placements, and is a factor our doulas consider when reviewing new clients. Priority may be given to clients committed to classes.
There is no out-of-pocket cost to you to attend. We offer a wide range of topics that are great for first-time or seasoned parents. In addition to childbirth education, you may choose to take prenatal yoga, breastfeeding or specialty classes (topics vary).
Please look at our class schedule, register for classes, and then complete the form below to confirm your interest in working with a doula.
Use the promo code SPRING6347 to remove the class price, as classes are 100 percent covered by Medicaid. MAKE A NOTE of this code for future use. You will need it to register for classes.
If you want to register for a Lamaze Series or Crash Course, please request a specific code here.
- This code is for your use only and should not be shared. Also, this code changes periodically. If you find that it is not valid, please email back for an update.
- Registration for all classes (except for yoga, or unless the class description states otherwise) also includes a partner or support person, should you choose to bring one.
- When registering, we ask that you are respectful of our instructors and of other students. If you register for a class, please make it a priority to attend. We understand that sometimes conflicts will arise. In these instances please cancel your registration, or us contact us to let us to let us know that you will not be attending. If at all possible, do this 24 hours or more in advance (or as soon as possible).
- Class expectation is for those in the Twin Cities metro area. If you are outside of the metro, you are welcome to attend, but are not expected to.
2) Clients will be responsive to communication from Everyday Miracles and their doula. They will call their doula when they are in labor, so that they can be present at your birth. We believe deeply in the value of doula support, and ensuring its accessibility to all families. We also greatly value our doulas and the hard work they do. While our doulas are passionate about supporting clients, doula work is also their livelihood; not being called to a birth they made themselves available for is lost income. By submitting the form below, you are confirming your interest in our program. You are saying that you have every intention of having our doula present at your birth. If you change your mind about doula support, you will let your doula know ASAP so they can open their availability to other clients.
3) Please check out this page for more information on working with a doula.