We are seeking dynamic self-starters to assist with all aspects of program coordination. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of a non-profit. It will give you hands-on experience working with clients, and is perfect for anyone interested in women’s health, public health, social work and related fields.
You will assist the Program Coordinators in:
- Program facilitation, specifically client referrals for doula support, car seats or breast pumps.
- Fundraising and event planning and facilitation.
- Organizing and processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- General administrative and office support
We are looking for people who have:
- A special interest or specific study in a related field including women’s or public health, social work, and non-profit development.
- Good working knowledge of Google programs (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Slides etc).
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within our diverse socioeconomic and cultural community
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to speak a second language (specifically Spanish or Somali) is a plus.
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. For those with specific interests in fields such as marketing, development, or more, we may be able to work with you to find ways to allow you relevant experience for your field of choice. Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at our Northeast Minneapolis office, plus additional availability to help at special events as needed. This is an unpaid internship. If you are seeking this position for school credit, we will assist you in facilitating this. On-going positions available.