We are thrilled to offer in-office lactation support with The Boob Geek!
Tiffany (Tipper) Gallagher (BA, IBCLC, RLC) is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). IBCLCs have advanced training and clinical experience to help with breastfeeding, pumping, and bottlefeeding. Tipper's goal is to leave you with a feeding plan that is appropriate and sustainable for your situation, as well as to be someone you can reach out to for continued help.
Your first in-office postpartum visit lasts around 75 minutes, and includes a full assessment of parent and baby, including a test-weight feeding to assess milk transfer (if appropriate).
Tipper is also available to help before your baby is born (a prenatal consult) or as you prepare to return to work. These visits are about 30 minutes long.
There is a small out-of-pocket fee for these visits. The fee is waived for anyone who is a part of the Everyday Miracles core doula program; people enrolled in state insurance programs, WIC, or SNAP; and those who are are uninsured.
Tipper provides nonjudgmental, evidence-based support focused on helping you meet your breastfeeding goals. For more information, please see Tipper's website at http://www.theboobgeek.com.
Ways an IBCLC can help
- Difficulty latching baby
- Nipple or breast pain related to breastfeeding
- Weaning from a nipple shield
- Concerns about tongue or lip tie
- Low milk supply
- Assistance with breastfeeding multiples
- Breastfeeding a premature infant
- Transitioning a baby from bottle to breast
- Relactation, inducing lactation, or adoptive nursing
- Using an at-breast supplementer/chestfeeding
- Pumping/return to work
- Bottle refusal
- Concerns about food sensitivities
- Introducing solid foods
- Weaning from breastfeeding